Thursday, June 12, 2014

not exactly a recipe, but....

So lately, I've been very lazy about posting here, not that I was ever very good about it. Lately, one thing I've been enjoying a lot is pesto. So a lot people are familiar with the normal basil pesto, which is basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan in a blender and used as a sauce. It turns out that you can make pestos out of a lot of things, not just basil. We've been making them out of tomatoes, roasted peppers, zucchini, basically anything I can stick in a blender and think would taste good as a pasta sauce. Tonight we are going to try roasted eggplant and bell pepper pesto, with maybe some tomato thrown in, since we have some in the fridge. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm thinking it will be a bit like baba ganoush, but warm and poured over pasta, instead of cold and dipped with pita.

No comments:

Post a Comment