Thursday, October 14, 2010

cheesy eggy rice bake

First, I cooked 2/3 cup of rice. I put 2/3 cup of rice in a small pot with a little over 4/3 cups of water. I put the cover on, and heated it on low heat for about 30 minutes, until the water was absorbed. While the rice was cooking, I chopped up a medium onion. When the rice was done, I cooked the onion in some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. I sauteed the onions for a couple of minutes, and then added the rice in with the onions. I stirred it around a bit more, and mixed apart the rice chunks. Then, I put it into a glass baking dish, and let it cool a little bit, with a cover on top, so the rice wouldn't dry out too much. I beat up 3 eggs with a little water, with sage, rosemary, parsley, crushed red pepper, oregano, and sea salt. I poured this over the rice, and stirred it in with a fork. I put some shredded mexican cheese blend on top, and baked it at 325, covered, for about 40 minutes. Then I took the cover off, and baked it for a few more minutes. When I took it out of the oven, I let it sit for a few minutes before eating it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment