Sunday, October 17, 2010

roasted breakfast potatoes

So I roasted these in the oven, but you could fry them instead.
Ingredients:
potatoes
olive oil
salt
garlic powder
chili powder
oregano
thyme

1. Peel the potatoes, and cut them into bite-sized pieces. I used probably 5 potatoes, but most of them were pretty small. After they were cut up, they covered the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan in a single layer.

2. Pour some olive oil over the potatoes in the pan. Be generous, I probably used about a half a cup of oil. Toss the potatoes around with your hands, to get the potatoes all coated with oil. (You could do this with a spoon, but I love the way my hands feel after I've gotten them covered in olive oil. Makes my skin really soft.) There was about 1/8th of an inch of oil in the bottom of the pan.

3. Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and spices, and mix them around. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit and cook until the potatoes are soft when poked with a fork. It should take around 30 minutes or so. I didn't measure the spices, so just put however much looks good.

Rosemary would be tasty in this, too, but we were unfortunately out of rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment