Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Ok, so I stink at making pie crusts, so I just got a frozen one. I used this recipe for the filling:
http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Pumpkin_Pie.htm
The only changes I made was that I used a Long Island Cheese Pumpkin instead of a sugar pumpkin, and I used half and half for the cream, and regular white sugar instead of the unrefined cane sugar. It came out pretty tasty, although it wound up tasting more like a custard pie and not as pumpkiny as I was expecting.
Also, I topped it off with homemade whipped cream. For this, I put a pint of heavy whipping cream in a bowl with a 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tsps of vanilla, and I whisked it until it was thick and foamy. I started out whisking by hand, but my arm got tired, so I switched to the electric mixer, which has a whisk attachment.
The whipped cream wasn't super thick last night when I first made it, but I put it in the fridge overnight, and now it's really thick and rich. Tastes really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment